Saturday, November 3, 2007

Semey Bound

Just a quick note before I leave. I think the last 10 days have been the most stressful of my pre-child life! It's been such a whirlwind finishing up at work and at home and finishing packing. I'm exhausted and I haven't even left yet! Anyway, I leave Columbia for Semey later this afternoon. Of course, I have to go through Memphis, Amsterdam, and Almaty first to get there. We have an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam so we plan to take a train into town for a few hours. I've never been there before so I'm looking forward to it. Then I can go meet BabyKaz!!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank God for the blessings in my life that allow me to go on this rollercoaster journey. And it has been a rollercoaster. But, the last 18 months of considering, researching, praying, paperchasing, waiting, then waiting some more, then scrambling at the last minute have really come down to the next couple of days. I am also grateful that my Mom can and wants to go on this journey with me. Thanks to all of you for your support and your excitement for me. I love all of the people I have in my life so much. You're all awesome!

And as several people have reminded me over the last 10 days, Boy, is my life getting ready to change big time!! I say, Bring it on!!

Next update: Semey!!

7 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Have a very safe trip. I am so thrilled to be able to follow your journey and see pictures of you with your little one. It is such a hard wait, and yes, a rollar coaster. The nursery is beautiful, and what a gift that quilt is.

marsrob said...

Safe travels!!! Hope to see you there soon!

wilisons said...

Have a safe trip and I can't wait to hear how big your sweet BabyKaz has grown since this summer!

Shanna, Tamar, and Libby

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you and so excited for our family. Kelsey is sitting on my feet sending her love. I promise to kiss her daily just for you. Hurry up and come home so I can kiss my nephew!

Sandi said...

Safe travels, hopefully you have arrived at your destination.

I can't wait to hear about the journey and see pictures of you beautiful child.

sandi

Anonymous said...

Well, you can always refer to the past several months as "going through labor." Looking forward to following the story through the coming weeks. Enjoy the adventure!

marsrob said...

We just found a note on Jayne's blog that said that "another woman just arrived - with her mother" today!!! We know that is YOU! So...we are happy to know that you arrived safely and cannot wait to hear how you are doing!! HOorayyyyyy!!!