Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day 13 – The One With Pizza With Friends

Bonding Day 11 – Friday, November 16, 2007

Today, during our first visit, I realized that BabyKaz was standing for the first time (with help of course). But he has started putting his full weight on his feet. It was very exciting. It’s funny becoming a Mom for the first time, you find the smallest accomplishments so amazing. I’m really enjoying watching him change all of the time.

I know this is probably too much information, but I have been struggling with stomach issues today. I think I got cocky and thought I might get away with not having any issues. Everyone I have talked to has gotten sick at some point and it usually happens after you’ve been here a couple weeks. Well, it has been almost 2 weeks since I left so apparently I am right on schedule.

This evening, all of the families got together for pizza at one apartment. It was very relaxing and so much fun with the babies. The 3 families who are almost done all have custody of their babies and they are all so happy. It really warms the heart to see.

One peculiar thing I have noticed about Semey is that they have so many flower shops. They have entire blocks devoted to these small shops with flowers and it is so weird to see in the middle of winter. I know we have flower shops in America even in winter, but there is something about seeing them all lined up on one block in the middle of the snow that is intriguing. I asked Katya if the people in Semey bought flowers a lot and she said only for the normal occasions like birthdays and holidays. Go figure!

No comments: