Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 6 – The One With The Snow






Bonding Day 4 – November 9, 2007

This morning we woke up to snow. The above pictures were taken from my apartment windows. The apartment buildings look very old and institutional and the hallways are not very nice. But they look better on the inside.

I only slept about 3 ½ hours last night so I struggled all day. I also got off to a rough start this morning when the shower faucet came apart and the curtain rod came crashing down. But I fixed both and managed to shower and get dressed.

BabyKaz continues to do well. He has a good disposition and has not been fussy much at all. When he does get fussy, it doesn’t last for very long at all. The other 3 families had court today (all were successful) so we had the bonding room all to ourselves. It was nice to have some quiet.

We had lunch today at a fairly new hotel (the name escapes me at the moment). It was very Western and very nice. The restaurant was good as well and the bonus was we got to watch some CNN. The cable in the apartment has only worked the first night and the only English-speaking channel was BBC. It was nice to hear some news in English. They play a lot of American music here in public stores and restaurants. We listened to Pink at lunch yesterday and Staying Alive today.

Several people have asked about posting a picture and BabyKaz’s name. Since this blog is private right now, I probably will not wait until court to post a picture. I will, however, wait a few more days. I’m more comfortable getting a little further along before posting. I probably will not post the name until it is official after court.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you don't mind me reading. Didn't know you were such a good writter. Glad things are going well.

Parke

Unknown said...

hello theresa,its wes:)
you know , i'm a snow lover so I'm jealous.sorry you had such difficulties this morning , sounds like a craft to me.haha
kaz must already feel loved if he is doing so much better now:]
if the place you went had western
food,cnn,and staying alive ,what more could you ask for.sounds like home to me ,i would be there everyday.haha
well enjoy your snow :[ ,have a great day 7.by the way i think you should be a writer your stories are very colorful ,and descriptive.
later alligator ,go gamecocks!

marsrob said...

Well, I am with you on the posting photos and name thing. We are really hesitant to post any photos until she is legally ours, and I know that might be very frustrating to our readers...so, we'll see. But glad you had some quiet time with your sweetheart today - and glad you fixed that shower! OH DEAR!
See you in a week! Hooray!

kristen said...

Wow - sounds like a morning I would have! I totally understand about the pictures and name... I can't wait until it's time for both - in the mean time we look forward to the great details you are sharing. Pretty shot from your room with the snow! I'm so glad you got some private time with BabyKaz... that had to be extra special!! Keep posting - I am loving every minute of it. :) Have a great day! ~kristen

lovemymbr said...

Are you sure you are an accountant? I swear you are a journalist! I have really enjoyed reading your daily adventures! Although, dissapointed you did not slam down the vodka with your mom:)hahaha
I can't wait to see the precious boy!!! Marshall is very excited! Keep up the posts:)
Stacey

Unknown said...

Hey cuz, sounds like things are going as well as expected. I am loving your journey. I feel like I'm there with ya!! You're already proving to be mom material surviving on 3 1/2 hours sleep. Everyone here sends their love and prayers to you and your mom.