Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day 14 – The One With All The Babies

New Red Shirt
Bonding Day 12 – Saturday, November 17, 2007

Today, everyone had lunch together at a place called Deluxe. This building is purple with a giant hand at the entrance. I meant to get a picture of it but I forgot. I’ll try to take one if we go again but it was a very interesting place. The food was good though. I had the first baked potato since I left SC and chicken rolled in ham and walnuts. I wasn’t able to eat that much because of my stomach. (I know, you could probably do without the bodily function updates.)

There are currently 6 families here but Jayne, Joanie, and Shannon & Derrick leave tomorrow to spend a few days in Almaty before returning home. Jen and Marshall came in last night so there are now 3 of us in the bonding room. I was so excited when opening the van door this morning and meeting Jen and Marshall. We have been reading and commenting on each other’s blog since we both knew we would come to Semey. It was great to finally meet them in person. Their little cutie is in the same room as BabyKaz and they seemed very comfortable with each other. Actually, I think their little girl has a crush on BabyKaz. Of course, he couldn’t be bothered; typical man!

This afternoon, we took some group photos of all of the families and babies in the bonding room. We had to say goodbye to the others and I wish them all the best of luck and I will pray for them all as they close this chapter of new parenthood. The people you meet on this journey are truly amazing and I am so thankful. This is a tough process (an understatement, actually) and to meet people who have gone through the same feelings and concerns really helps tremendously. I think we bond to each other as much as to the babies. For the rest of my life, I will always remember everyone fondly.

I heard Mom made it back home safely. She is hopefully fast asleep at my house as I type this, unless her clock is off, which is a good possibility. Thanks to everyone who prayed for her safe return.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Theresa, great update. Love the picture of all the families. It makes me happy to know you are able to hang out with other families who know what you are going through. Hope your court goes fast and you get custody of that cutie fast.

Sandi

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have all those families there and to meet those you have met in blogland in person. So excited for all of you and your little ones that you are bonding with and bring home from the same region as my daughter. Best wishes as you finish up bonding and head to court to have Kazbaby's declared yours.

Beckie (mom to Lana)