Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day 19 – The One Without Turkey on Turkey Day

Thursday, November 22, 2007

There was no turkey to be had in Kaz today. But, technically, it was Wednesday in the States. It was just another day that has become very routine. Except today was my last day of this routine, hopefully. It was actually a little sad for me in the bonding room this afternoon when the realization dawned that it was the last day I would be bonding with BabyKaz with the other 2 families. We took a great group photo that I will truly cherish. I will always remember this group of people. I’m glad I was able to share this amazing journey with these particular people.

Between visits today, we went to the bazaar. It has clothing, shoe, and souvenir stores. But, the crazy part is downstairs. It is a huge airplane hangar-size building. Most of this space consists of rows upon rows of raw meat just lying out on tables. It would never pass FDA inspection. But, you can get anything you want; cheese, bread, candy, fish, etc. It was quite a sight to see.

After the afternoon visit, I made second practice with Olga and Larissa. It took almost 2 hours and we reviewed the court process. This included Olga throwing out questions that she thinks the prosecutor and judge will probably ask. Some of the questions are really crazy. But it was good to practice and I feel better about. I’ll let you all know the results tomorrow. Prayers are much appreciated!

4 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

I'll be praying for you. I perform a lot (singer) and if I have any advice about performing or speaking in stressful situations is to make sure you breath! I have faith thay you'll do fine! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

You will be in my prayers and thoughts tonight as you go to court.....look forward to hearing you are family! I am sure you will do fine as you have been prepared by the best in Olga and Larissa.

Beckie

Sandi said...

Good luck and your in my prayers as we sit to thanksgiving dinner you will be getting ready for court.

May you be granted custody of your son and start mommyhood 100%.

Sandi

Dyan said...

Good Luck; I'm praying for you! I can't wait to read that everything was approved and you're now officially a Mommy! And, I can't wait to meet Baby Kaz.