Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 7 – The One With All The Spitup

Nuclear Memorial


Wedding Car


Me in front of Wish Tree
Bonding Day 5 – November 10, 2007

How much can one baby spitup in a 2 hour period? A lot!! I don’t know how BabyKaz has gotten so big. The first 2 days Mom and I picked him up from his room in the afternoon, he was being fed and refusing every spoonful. I can’t blame him. They feed these babies some mishmash that looks very unappetizing. And today he had to have spit up all of the lunch he did eat. I smelled it on my clothes all afternoon. Now, I’m starting to really feel like a Mom. Actually, Mom got it worse than I did; way to break Nana in, BabyKaz! OK, Michelle, now I understand about all the bibs.

We went to the History Museum between visits today. It was very interesting. It included pictures of people affected by the nuclear testing. The Soviets held nuclear testing right outside of Semey. The pictures were very sad. We visited the Nuclear Memorial in the afternoon. There was also a Wish Tree where people tie ribbons to the tree and make a wish. Couples, on their wedding day, take flowers and lay them at the foot of the memorial out of respect to the victims of the nuclear explosions. There was a bride and groom there when we arrived. Where we use mostly white, they use a lot of color when decorating the wedding car. The History Museum was like every other museum of history I’ve visited before except it was smaller. It included dinosaurs and cavemen, and different items from the 1800’s, and World War II.

It was very cold today. When we left the memorial, we noticed a sign that read -9 degrees Celsius. That is 15.8 degrees Fahrenheit, folks. Brrrrr!! And that was about 5:00pm. Evidently, they had been experiencing warmer than normal weather until it snowed yesterday. Good thing I brought all my snow gear.


6 comments:

kristen said...

It's neat to see and hear about their traditions. Interesting to see the snow too. It has gotten 'colder' here, but certainly not snowing. (Thank goodness, in my opinion!) Hopefully BabyKaz will have a better day today! Do you also get to visit on Sundays? I know a lot fo people do not. Do you have a washer to be able to wash the lovely 'mommy clothes' now? :) I hope you and your mom are having a wonderful time, not only with BabyKaz but of course, with each other! I hope it is a blessing to both of you - as I prepare for my trip with my mom, it's neat to hear about yours! 7 days down on "the one with...." good job! (I may have to copy that idea when I'm there - very creative, on your part!)

sff1497 said...

Thanks so much for inviting me to share your blog. It's like a great book. I can't wait until the next day to read the next chapter. I can't open it from work, but it's the first thing I do when I get home. I'm so excited for you!

Heather said...

Hi Theresa! Greetings from Heather in Kansas :) I have been keeping up-to-date on your progress through Michelle and Stacey and just wanted to thank you for the invitation to view your blog - now I can quit asking them how you are :) I have sat here for an hour now reading through your blog and I am just amazed! What an incredible journey you are on! You, your mother and BabyKaz will be in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you all a safe return! I look forward to hearing all about your journey and travels in the weeks ahead! Stay safe and WARM and God bless you for such a wonderful life you are going to give BabyKaz :)

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Hope you had a good one.
Love and kisses from Columbia....

Unknown said...

It is Nov. 11th here, but I think that it is Nov. 12th there, so Happy Birthday! I hope that you will be able to celebrate. Just being with BabyKaz is probably present enough - minus the spitup!Something that I have been thinking about is that one day BabyKaz will be able to read your Blog and he will know what an incredible journey you went on to get him. That is so neat! I'll continue to pray for you!
Love,
Caroline

Anonymous said...

The One With All the Candles... I join TWB and CPERKINS in wishing you a happy birthday! This should be one birthday you'll never forget.