Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 25 – The One With The Walk In The Park









Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The last 2 afternoons, Pasha has been nice enough to pick up Cameron and me and take us to a nearby park for a nice, albeit cold, walk. The park is just around the corner on the next block. I could easily walk but I’m not allowed to leave my apartment by myself. I can’t wait to be able to actually drive myself somewhere whenever the time is actually convenient for me. But, the staff here takes such good care of us that they want to make sure we get out once or twice a day. The name of the park is Central Park, but it is not even remotely like the one in New York. One thing I have noticed here in Semey is that a lot of people walk to where they need to go. And several girlfriends walking together usually link arms as they walk. This makes them seem very warm and close to each other. I thought it was really nice. Of course, they could just be trying to stay warm.

The walks are interesting since we don’t have Larissa to translate and Pasha speaks little English. But we did manage to have a nice conversation about our respective families. Pasha is married and has three sons. He also told me his youngest son also didn’t want to eat food and only wanted the bottle. I guess Larissa must have mentioned that we have had some food issues. It was nice to get reassurance.

I have resigned to giving Cameron mostly formula with cereal in it until we get home. I was starting to drive myself crazy; not to mention the others at lunch everyday. He does take a few bites of cereal in the morning and I was able to get him to take some of the bananas off my finger instead of using a spoon. But it was still just a few bites. Baby steps (no pun intended).

The pictures above are a few of Cameron in the apartment. The one of him looking at his feet are from the first day here. They really bundle the kids up here in Kaz in 2-3 layers even to stay inside. So, I don’t think Cameron had really had a chance to check out his feet before. He thinks they are the greatest things ever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cameron is adorable and glad to hear the two of you are still getting out and about. Pasha is like a big teddy bear and we loved him so much. Please give him our greetings. Hope your days before heading to Almaty and home continue to go smoothly for you.

Blessings, Beckie

sff1497 said...

What a cutie!! It sounds like you are doing great, and he is making progress every day. The picture with the feet is precious. Don't get discouraged, he'll eat. He has so much change in his little life right now, he'll let you know when he's ready. One thing is for sure, he looks very happy!

Hang in there,
Sharon

Sandi said...

Holy cow, he is so cute. I mean what precious pictures. So sweet. I am glad you are able to get out and quite adventuresome as cold as it is.

You will be home before you know it :)

Sandi

Unknown said...

TC it's your aunt vickie. I am over at Tams. I saw the pictures of the baby. He is precious. I can't wait to hold him. I hope you are well and just know that we love you and are praying for your safe return. We are all looking forward to seeing him at Christmas. What a present !!!!!!!
See you soon.

Love

Vickie

Unknown said...

PS

He looks just like a Craft. Lucky dog.

VcJ

Unknown said...

Home is just around the corner and we are all there is spirit and praying daily for you both and your Mom's next trip. Cameron is definitely healthy looking and eating will come when he gets ready - he's a man. It's okay to be a picky eater - we all have a preferences. When he gets home and gets that good ol' southern cooking...mash potatoes and a chicken bone...he will plump up even more! Gosh I can't wait - we are counting down the days for the voyage home. I know they are taking care of you and that's good but hurry home - we love you
Gina, Kevin and the boys