Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day 18 – The One Where I Danced Like No One Was Watching (Of course, no one was watching)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Last night, I needed a break from my speech so I flipped through the songs on my I-pod until I found something I could dance to. Do you know that it is just as easy to dance in the middle of the living room in Kazakhstan as it is in your own home in the U.S.? Have I mentioned how glad I am I packed my music??

Second verse, same as the first. That’s what the days are feeling like at this point. I have a hard time keeping up with what day it is. However, I am in the homestretch and it really feels good. Getting through court on Friday will be such a relief. I realized today that my court time is at 9am on Friday which is 10pm Thursday Eastern Standard Time. Hopefully, I will have my decision from the judge before Thanksgiving officially ends. I have so much to be thankful for this year.

I also want to take a moment to thank everyone for your comments. I enjoy reading them so much. They are so uplifting; especially on the days that I am particularly homesick. Keep them coming!

By the way, I started salivating over the thought of a Bojangles sausage biscuit this afternoon. It’s funny the food you start daydreaming about when you’ve had the same foods for over two weeks straight. I also thought it was ironic that I would crave that particular food since all I’ve had is meat and starch, which of course is exactly what a sausage biscuit consists. Go figure!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine it is hard being away from everyone during this holiday, but also exciting as soon you will officially be a mommy. Will be thinking of you and staying tune to see the offcial news come in Thurs evening.

Blessings, Beckie (mom to Lana...another Semey baby)

Sandi said...

I am praying that your thanksgiving will end with the best news in the world. Just think your almost on the other side of the mountain during this entire process. Soon it will be time to come home. I can't wait to read that you are officially his mom.

Sandi

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I will be praying that Friday goes well for you. BabyKaz will definitely get outside when you get home - it is in the upper 70s here!
Love,
Caroline

Trent, Kelly and Sarah said...

This will be a special holiday you will always remember. Just 2 more days and he will be yours forever. I will say a prayer for you Thur night.

Kelly (Semey bound soon)

Unknown said...

Music is good for the soul. I'm glad you didn't leave home without it. Thanks to modern technology. When's your mom coming back? I look forward to good news tomorrow night. We'll be there with you in spirit!! Hugs and kisses

sff1497 said...

I'll be thinking about you as I do trivial holiday cleaning and cooking. Don't be nervous about your prepared speech. You've worked so hard for this, it's just going to flow from you. I plan to scoot out on my guests tomorrow evening and go to Michelle's for a bit. I'm going to give your mom a big hug from me to you. Can't wait to hear he's finally yours!
Watching and waiting,
Sharon

cooper10 said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We miss you and think about you everyday! Can't wait to hear how it all went. I know you will do great, you have been ready for this for some time now. Babykaz will be here in the sunshine before you know it.

Love
Michelle, Jim and Jamison

kristen said...

Hi Theresa!! I will be thinking about you and praying for you and BabyKaz while you are away on Thanksgiving! What a wonderful, extra special, that memory will be to have each and every Thanksgiving to come!! yeah!!

I can picture you dancing around - sounds like something I would do (or do - do, when no one is watching, of course!!)

I hope the music carries you through this day as well and that you don't miss home too much! Think of it this way, I'd give just about anything to be there as well, away from my family, right now! :) So, I'm sure you're just really excited for court. you'll do AWESOME and I will pray for you while you are IN COURT until we hear the good word!

Have a great day! Keep dancin'!!

Kristen

Heather said...

Hi Theresa,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you this Thanksgiving and I will cross my fingers that all goes well for you on Friday! BabyKaz is truly a blessing and I know that you are so very thankful!

Hope you are staying warm - I can feel your pain - the high in Kansas City today was 29 degrees and we had our first snowfall! It was 75 degrees here yesterday! Crazy Midwest weather! What I wouldn't give to live back in South Carolina!!!

Take care and keep on dancin!
Heather :)

kristen said...

Hi theresa!! I'm thinking about you, and know I'm about to go to bed, but I can't wait to wake up and see what the day brought for you!! Maybe you can share sometime what court was like so I can try to be prepared too. :) I'm sure it went well - can't wait to hear all about it! :)