Tuesday, December 25, 2007

First Christmas With Cameron








Cameron and I have been home a little over 2 weeks and it has been a great couple of weeks. I have been offering food to Cameron at nearly every meal since we've been home and low and behold, about a week ago, he finally decided he would try it out. And he has been eating at every meal since. We've had our first trip to see the doctor (the drawing of 5 vials of blood and receiving 5 vaccination shots were not fun) and all of his tests came back normal. He is just slightly anemic. A multi-vitamin with iron should help with that issue. We have caroused the neighborhood with Kelsey every day. We have been shopping several times and visited several dining establishments. We managed to make the house appropriately decorated for the holiday and have also survived the Christmas family introductions.

Cameron does very well when we are out. He still only fusses when he gets sleepy and occasionally when he gets bored. He likes to stay on the move. He has become more interactive with his toys and is a pretty happy boy most of the time. I can't believe how quickly the time is passing. He will turn 1 year old in just 7 weeks.
Needless to say, my family and I have had a very Blessed Christmas. I hope all of you reading had one as well.
Merry Christmas!!

9 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew Ruley said...

Merry Christmas! Cameron looks really happy! Congrats. Hope it was a really special day!

Suzanne
www.missionbaby.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Theresa,
So glad to see(read) that you guys are getting settled. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you made some very special memories on Cameron's first Christmas.

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you all had a wonderful first Christmas. His face is priceless! What a doll baby he truly is!

Beckie

kristen said...

It was so great to see new pictures of Cameron! I'm glad you have had a good two weeks, and that he saw the error of his ways and now knows that food is GOOD. :) I'm sure you had a very blessed Christmas and are in for a very special 2008! I'm still waiting for the LOI, but it should come SOON. (they 'said' by tomorrow, but we'll see!) I'm headed to SC tomorrow to see my sister, she's having her 4th baby tomorrow. Hopefully 95 won't be a nightmare! I'll be in touch again when I return - I'm sure I'll start to have questions again when the holiday fog lifts! Happy New year! :) ~Kristen

marsrob said...

This is GREAT news! So glad to hear he is eating food and that he is healthy! YAY!!! Hey Theresa! Happy NEW YEAR!!! Time passes so fast, doesn't it? It seems like yesterday we were all eating together in Lady Pizza!!!

xoxoxox

Kristi Gruizenga said...

Theresa:

Thanks for letting me read your blog - your little guy is just adorable. I hope to leave for Semey soon!

Kristi
http://whereskris.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Hi -

We wanted to let you know that my friend Stacy and I are starting a orphan ministry for the children in Kaz. Our first big project is a Kaz Cookbook. We are asking all Kaz adoptive families to donate 1-3 of their favorite family recipes to be published with all the proceeds going to charity. If you would like to donate a recipe and for more information please visit www.hopeforkazakhorphans.blogspot.com.

We hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
~Kim and Stacy
Two Hearts For Hope

Susan said...

Hi Theresa,

We're the parents of Taco, who was in Cameron's group at the baby house. I think I found your blog from the Semey yahoo group. I remember Cameron, and am very happy to see him so happy with you! He's such a cutie. Tyler (so named because Taco just didn't fit once we met him :)) and I arrived home the day you left home for Semey, so we missed meeting by just a few days.

I just wanted to say hi to another fellow Semey family, and wish you all the best!

Susan, Mitch, and Tyler