Thursday, October 11, 2007

BabyKaz Is One Month Older Today

I've decided not to reveal BabyKaz's actual name until later; although all of my family and friends already know the name. And I couldn't come up with a very creative name, such as Taco (this name was taken by another Semey family :). I'm an accountant, remember? Great with numbers but not creative. So BabyKaz it is for now. He turns another month older and I pray for him every night to stay well and be happy. I also pray for his caregivers as they take care of him.

I was watching my local news last night and they did a segment on one of our National Guard units that will come home this weekend after being in Iraq a year. It really put this wait in perspective for me. As really, really hard as this wait is, I really don't have anything to complain about. So many families are missing their loved ones whose lives are in jeopardy every day. So I will wait and try not to let it get me down.

I met with the pediatrician and I liked her very much. She was very patient with all of my questions and we seem to be on the same page with some of the issues I raised with her such as co-sleeping and circumcision. For those who don't know, baby boys are not circumcised in that part of the world. I get to make that decision once we are home. My first big decision; yeah!!

I also found out from my coordinator today that I will most likely travel with one of my favorite compatriot Semey families, J&M, sometime in November (looks more like mid to late November). They seem like a fun couple and I truly hope we are together in Semey!

I also realized this week that my boss seems more comfortable with the idea of me being gone. I will have access to email in Kaz, although it will be slow dial-up. But I will be able to check email and access our system remotely from time to time. And I should have some down time in Kaz when I'm not at the Baby House; at least until I get custody of BabyKaz.

So, although a very, very busy, crazy week; it is ending on a good and less stressful note. At least for the moment!!

2 comments:

marsrob said...

Happy Bday BabyKaz! And...we are SOOOO excited to hear that we may be traveling with you! This is INCREDIBLY exciting to us! The upcoming holiday season is going to be the most memorable season ever!

marsrob said...

By the way - good point about the Iraq thing. You certainly gave me pause.
- J