Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Referral!!

I had one of the most amazing emails awaiting me when I got home from work a few days ago. My agency had sent me a picture of a very cute 6 1/2 month old baby boy!! I also received some medical information; albeit limited information. I sent everything to the international adoption doctor I had already chosen and got a good report back. He is located in Semey, which if you look at the map from the previous post, is located in the northeastern section of Kaz, very close to the Russia border.

My agency estimates my travel in Oct/Nov (sounds more like Nov to me). I also found out that a typical trip to Semey moves pretty fast and the entire trip can be done in approximately 5 weeks. I would probably stay the whole time if this is the case. I'm just trying to figure out how to arrange work.

I'm also trying to keep in mind that referrals are not 100% guaranteed in Kaz. But, my agency says that referrals are pretty solid in Semey. It is rare for families to travel there blind. I could still lose the referral to the birthfamily though if someone shows up. So I just try to keep that in the back of my mind. Although I look at that picture several times a day (I can't help myself!).

Things could start moving pretty fast now! I better get cracking on my travel preparations and get that nursery together!

God is Good!!

No comments: