Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Progress is Slow

I did find out yesterday from my coordinator that my dossier has left the MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) in Astana and is now at the MOE (Ministry of Education) in Astana. However, she was also able to find out that families that were 5-6 weeks ahead of me are just now being assigned a region. If this timing holds, it could be another 5-6 weeks before I know to which region I am going. This pushes things out further than I was hoping, but I am glad to know that dossiers do seem to be moving. (I was starting to wonder!)

Once I am assigned a region or receive a referral, whichever comes first, then my dossier will go to the MOE in that region and they will issue a LOI (Letter of Invitation). From most of the message boards and blogs I've been reading, it seems most families are getting their LOI about 2 weeks before they must travel. However, although regions move at their own pace, it could take another couple of months for the region to issue the LOI.

So, I have decided to try to stop guessing which month I might travel. It's too disappointing when it gets pushed out. I'll just trust that God has a plan for me and that my son is just not quite ready for me yet. Thanks to Mom for the reminder to stop worrying and start trusting! Also, ALL of my family, friends, co-workers, etc. have been soooo supportive and sympathetic. I feel so blessed to have such great people in my life!

1 comment:

marsrob said...

Your mother's advice made me cry. She is right. It is just so hard to let go and have faith...but, tell her that her advice is being taken to heart by another adoptive mom who is waiting for an LOI...Maybe we'll be there together and I can meet her and give her a hug in appreciation? Let's hope so.

Jennifer